Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hang Over

So, I like to socially drink on occasion. And with drinking comes the grown up responsibility to know when to say when. That sometimes becomes a problem when I learn I'm not the designated driver for the night. So, I unfortunately forget the responsibility part and end up inebriated. And with inebriation out comes my alter ego. And with my alter ego out comes-who knows? Well except the people I'm with.

The next day, I learn I've (well she) has done or said some pretty crazy things. (These stories will be told at another time)But I've learned to laugh at her. But what is not a laughing matter is the black out of the rest of the night after the hmmm lets say 4th/5th REMY (Martin VSOP Cognac) neat or the 3rd/4th shot of Patron (tequila). And depending on the night (meaning a REMY night or Patron night) Various things could've happened. But I digress....

So, I typically remember dancing and with who, most conversations, how many times I had to go to the restroom, closing out my tab and walking to the car. But something happens when I get to the car. I think it's the fresh air and once I've inhaled, the events of the night are gone. I hate when that happens. But even more is the damn hangover the next morning. The I can't and don't wanna move to even go to the bathroom, yucky feeling I have in my stomach-think another drink might help, but don't want to vomit if I really reach for the bottle and last but not least. The throbbing sensation in my head that not only says "Your ass needs to stop drinking" but the sound of the Notre Dame cathedral bells...ringing right there in my room.

And damn where do my clothes go? Who and Why are they taking off my clothes?....

1 comment:

  1. Yeahhh.....I remember the days that you and I would wake up in the same bed talking about what one of us had done or said. Damn that Remy/Patron/Grey Goose!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete