Monday, November 2, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For

After many years of an exhausting marriage. I knew exactly what I wanted and needed in my next mate. I also knew exactly what I didn't want. At some point I began to write a book. I created a character that some would only think existed in their dreams.

He was the perfect guy...He was tall dark and handsome (oh, yeah and bald....I like 'em bald). Smart, charming, nicely built (in shape at least-worked out and cared about his health. He was fluent in a few languages, was a chef, enjoyed traveling, had a nice home (2 or 3), nice cars, and a career that allowed him all the liberties.

In my book, he swept me off my feet and it was all too good to be true-we fell in love and lived happily ever after....THE END.

Yeah, but then I really met him. All of the things listed above and then some. He was my prince charming, knight in shining armor, Morris Chestnut, Tiger Woods, Justin Timberlake, Reggie Bush, George Clooney, Boris Kudjo, Brad Pitt (you get my point) all rolled into one. However...and boy do I mean HOWEVER. Was I in for a huge awakening. I feel in love and feel in love hard. He in fact swept me off my feet and then snatched the rug away. We had huge trust and communication issues. We fought as much as we loved. *(specific stories in another blog)* I still and will always love him.

I just wish I could ask for it all over again and this time be even more specific than his ability to cook me a gourmet meal and make love to me in different languages....

No comments:

Post a Comment