Saturday, November 14, 2009

Married Male Friends....

I have a few married male friends. I've known them before they were married and a couple after they were married. Some of their wives I've met and know fairly well, while others remain a mystery. I get random text, forwarded silly e-mails and/or called when they want to hang out. And though these guys are handsome, successful in their careers and like to have a good time. I've never been intimate with any of them and don't want them in any way. They're just my boys...we're cool and I have no issue with our friendships. And so, as with your boys/girls....I just so happen to know their dirt. Yep, about their girlfriends/mistresses and or jump-offs. I realize the conflict in it all, but I'd rather not get involved....

But here is my issue. They love their wives. Their wives are beautiful, successful in their careers or happy homemakers, care for them and their children and have no intention of ever divorcing them. So why do they cheat on them? Why do they have their girlfriends/mistresses and jump-offs? Why do they love them but don't like them...hence why they don't hang out with them????? It perplexes me. Even more so, I'm more than confidant that the wives are fully aware of their husbands activities. Why is it acceptable?

One friend told me that as soon as he married (I'll call her Jane) that Jane changed. Jane had once been fun. He said Jane use to hang out and was a lot more spontaneous. I argued for her and explained, it's not so easy when Jane is the one taking care of the children. He stated, that she complains about not getting out or having fun anymore, but when given numerous opportunities. She denies them. I left that one alone because I don't know all those details. While another friend said, once he married (I'll call her Sally) Sally stopped having sex with him. I tried to argue again saying that her schedule was hectic and he was not helpful. He expressed trying to to help as well as getting her help i.e a maid or nanny and she declined. So, again not knowing all the details I backed outta that argument as well.

However, my final questions always change the tone of the conversation....Why cheat and stay married. Why does he put her through that? And in the cases that she knows-why does she stay? The only answers that are somewhat rational...she looks good on paper, it's cheaper to keep her and keeping the family together. So, I leave it alone. The man rationale is warped!!!!! My answer, they want their cake and eat it to with ice-cream on the side. All which causes tooth decay and halitosis of the mouth=BS!!!!!

But in the back of my mind, I can only think of who's reaping the benefits...hanging out at cool hott spots, eating at amazing restaurants, go places that the wife declined, and getting the married life with out being married.... IS THAT WRONG???

No comments:

Post a Comment