Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cool with the EX

Is it really possible to be cool with your ex? Is hanging out platonically actually doable? I can confidently say yes, but only for myself. You see, I haven't been in love with my ex for YEARS!!! I'm not attracted to him in anyway and I barely like him. So sex thoughts NEVER cross my mind...I didn't necessarily like it when I was with him then so I'm more than positive I won't like it now. But don't get me wrong, I care about him deeply, but have no interest in rekindling anything at any point. We are just cool.

So, it's funny to hear that all his current girlfriends are concerned about us being cool. They seem extremely jealous and overly insecure about me. I get that I'm the mother of his children, we have history and I happen to still look as good as I did 15 years ago if not better now. And of course, no one can ever hold a match to me in being able to really be the one he truly loves. But hey, I digress.

My thought however is, who she/they should really be more worried about is him....I get that he still loves, wants to be with me, blah, blah, blah. I'm the mother of his children and still hott, blah, blah, blah. We still can make each other laugh and have a good time together blah, blah, blah. Did I already say and I'm still cute? LMAO!(I'm feeling myself today...good therapy session, glass of wine, oh and I have my lip gloss and heals on today):) But I reiterate...that's not for us anymore. Additionally, not only is he still trying very hard to reconcile, he is also still very hard at work in his old habits of entertaining several woman. He now feels comfortable to do it right in front of me.... So why is it me, that she/they are so concerned about? HMMMMMMM,

So is it hypocritical to question my guy friends relationships with his ex(es)? Is it wrong that my gut tells me 'bullshit' that he is no longer attracted to her/them and or that they are not or haven't been intimate? Does it make sense that I'm completely insecure that his ex(es) are sexy, successful and may have pleased him sexually better than I ever did? Is it crazy when he tells me, that none of those relationships are for him, not interested in reconciliation for any of them,that he is not attracted to them and that they are just cool?! Hmmm, he's just cool with his ex my ass... They still talk (probably more than we do) and text and e-mail too for that matter. They hang more than we do. Shit, their actually more of a couple than we are...Yeah, cool with his ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment