Friday, November 20, 2009

Lesbian Sister?!

*screaming*

"NO, I will not be!!!! I like BOYS!!!!"

I had been minding my own mom business in my room and was trying very hard to avoid getting involved in another sibling scuffle. But this one seemed like I had to inquire...

"What is going on? What are y'all arguing about?" I was not ready for the answer nor the conversation...

*screaming*

My, dumb brother wants me to be a lesbian.

Wow, OK. Like I said, I was not ready for the answer nor the conversation and should have continued to mind my own mom business. So I had to ask to get the full story...here's what I learn...

My son wants (I leave this in present tense because it is still the case) my daughter to be a lesbian because he doesn't want to have to worry about beating up the boys/men that will hurt her in the future.

Hmmm, FYI. Women can and will hurt her just like men.

I learn further that he wants her to be a lipstick lesbian and to only like lipstick lesbians, that he could also be attracted to. Double WOW! WTF! Where did I get him from? And where did he get that thought process?

So then the question... "Mom would you be mad if she wanted to be a lesbian?"
Hmmm, of course I wouldn't, I love love men but know there are some beautiful women out there that need love too. But do I say that out loud?

So I respond, "Of course not, she can like and love who she wants to like and love regardless of sexual orientation." Proud of myself, feeling confident that, that was the appropriate answer! Right?!

*screaming"

"Mom, I Like BOYS!"

I guess wrong answer. She wanted me to confirm her sexuality and fondness to boys and only boys. I was suppose to answer with a strong, "Yes, I would be mad" But would I really? Would, why and does it matter when our girls are lesbians but angry and in denial when our boys like boys? Why is that the case? HMMMMM. Tough one. So I just said I wanted her to be happy with who she loves, and she loves Boys! Great come back and fix mom.

So we concluded that lesbian nation was not in her future. I actually didn't and wasn't ready to discuss my daughters sexuality. That's my baby girl. She's not ready, I'm not ready and obviously her brother is not ready!

But honestly, I was just wondering...what type of women my daughter would like? I know what type I like...
But I didn't say that out loud either.

No comments:

Post a Comment