Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Birthday

I think I'm pretty good at remembering things. The basics at least...bathe, brush my teeth, do my hair, get dressed, eat...oh yeah make sure the kids do the same. Then there's the everyday mom stuff that you can put off till tomorrow...laundry, dishes, shop for toilet paper and toothpaste. But birthdays you can't forget! Family and friends won't say they're upset when you don't say something on their day, but deep down inside they're talking about you behind your back. LOL. And it's not that I really forget, I'm just known to kinda give them new birthday dates. So instead of the 24th, I thought it was the 21st. The problem with that is I still forgot to send a card. And honestly, there is no excuse. I can put the date in some kinda reminders system-they're everywhere...my phone, e-mail calendar etc.

HOWEVER....I still didn't send the card. Which leads me to my silly but real issue. I still like paper cards that come in the mailbox on my birthday. And I think some maybe not everybody else does too. BUT...you can send ecards cards to their "e-mail". And even then, you can put in the date to be sent. You can also send a text message or this one killed me..post it to their Facebook "wall", which will also send you a reminder. What the hell?! What happen to the thoughtfulness in going to the Hallmark store, perusing the aisle and selecting the perfect card (5 days before the persons birthday-because you remembered) and then sending the person their birthday card. And in it... would be a personalized message, pictures, money, gift card or something special. I would also find other cute cards for other occasions. I think everyone is just in a rush. A rush to get where is what I wanna know.

But then what happens to the card? What did the person do with it. Trash?! Well FYI...I've kept every single card someone has sent and/or given me....I suppose at some point it becomes hording but hey, I'm sentimental. I did hear that there is an organization that will take the cover of the card and recycle it for something. Maybe I'll research it more. Anyway...

So, if I haven't sent you a card this year, I didn't forget! I just gave you another birthday or simply wanted to send you a card that you got on your birthday. But check your e-mail or facebook wall post...Your HAPPY BIRTHDAY will be there...tomorrow.

Guess it's still the thought that counts

No comments:

Post a Comment