Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day?!?!!?

So it's another Valentines Day. I've been conditioned to minimize the day by believing that 1 day isn't the day to go all out for the one you love. That love should be expressed and felt all through out the year. But I won't lie... I love flowers, I buy myself roses every week. I love candy/chocolate, I try to eat some everyday. Cards are thoughtful, teddy bears are cute. I love dressing up and going out out with my boo and then ending the night with that only special kinda dessert. So, why has that never happen? I've NEVER received flowers (ever, even for any other day. I've NEVER received a box of candy. I've never received a Vday card, and the ones you get from your classmates in elementary school doesn't count. And...EVERY SINGLE Valentines day, in my adult life...some bullshit has happened to me. I can't remember ONE special Vday...while I was married or since. And it SUCKS!!!! I hate Valentines day! I hate that I've conditioned to act as if I didn't like it. I hate that I've never had a valentine. Such a dumb ass holiday!!!!

And I don't get it, I know the importance and fundamentals that is needed in every great an healthy relationship...One would think, I should always have a valentine. Shit, I know how to have fun! I'm spontaneous, can be wild and crazy as needed and pretty open to what may come my way. Fun and laughter is important, it helps get through the rough stuff! And what else would we have when we grow old. And I know how to be and bring romance. I'm supportive, compassionate and all that other good stuff that's needed. And blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. So, WTF?!?!?! Why no valentine? Ever? and again Today.....

GRRRRR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment